We offer comprehensive foot and ankle care for pediatric conditions
Your child’s feet are literally the foundation of his or her world. When children have foot problems, playing, running, jumping, walking and standing can all become difficult and hinder the child’s natural growth and developmental progression.
That’s why we offer a full suite of children’s pediatric foot services, including custom orthotics that we make right here in our office.
Common childhood foot issues we treat include:
- Flatfoot, often noticed around age 3, is common in children, with symptoms including pain during sports, tripping, and reluctance to walk or play due to discomfort. We offer practical, conservative treatments like custom orthotics to correct associated problems.
- Plantar Warts: Viral growths causing pain and discomfort are safely removed in our clinic.
- Tip-Toeing (Equinus): Due to Achilles tendon tightening, your child may walk on tiptoe. This condition causes premature heel lift, leading to falls and damaging the child’s self-esteem. We offer treatment focused on Achilles stretching and appropriate orthotics.
- Sports Injuries: Injuries are frequent in young athletes. We provide fast, effective treatments for a majority of cases.
- Hyperhidrosis: Excessive sweating leading to fungal growth and foul odors, this condition is treatable with simple methods.
- Sever’s Disease: A growth discrepancy causing heel pain in adolescents can be treated in-office.
- Ingrown Toenails: This common condition is caused by various factors like improper nail cutting or tight shoes. We’ll remove the painful part of the nail and help your child understand how they can avoid ingrown toenails in the future.